Lockpicking is part art and part science. It’s a challenge and a puzzle, not unlike chess or a rubiks cube. But unlike those, it imparts a useful emergency skillset. Lockpicking is a fun hobby, but has so many applications in the real world, from simply helping a friend out in a bind to being a more effective first responder.
The Lockpicking Starter Set contains:
- 5-piece Full Size Lockpick Set: Fully custom made for Tuff Possum Gear from 0.025″ thick tempered stainless steel. This is a selection of the five most useful profiles for “in the field” use and easy/medium skill level, based on my personal preference and the recommendations of many folks far more knowledgeable than I ever will be. Unlike the stubby handle picks in the Entry Kit, these have full length handles for an overall length of 4.68″. The five lockpick profiles are:
– Short Hook w/ flat top (And essential for single pin picking.)
– Half Diamond (Handy for single pin picking, zipping, etc.)
– City Rake (looks like a jagged mountain range. Used for rocking and raking.)
– Triple Peak, Large Wave Rake (AKA the popular triple peak Bogata pattern and perfect for “raking”. One of my personal favorites)
– Five Peak, Small Wave Rake (a handy variation of the wave rake, popularized by TOOOL, The Open Organization Of Lockpickers)
- 3 Piece Tension Wrench Set: Getting a good tension on a lock is crucial to good picking. Each one of these three picks are a different thickness and double ended for a total of 6 different tension options to fit a multitude of keyway situations. The wide/long ends are for “bottom of the keyway” and the narrow/short ends are for “top of the keyway” tensioning. They are color coded: Red is .030” thick, White is .040” thick, and Blue is .050” thick.
- A sturdy plastic, telescoping “drill bit tube” storage case.
All tools in the set are proudly Made In The USA!!
NOTE: This is a full size tool set and will not fit in the Compact Lockpick Case
Resources and Learning:
I highly recommend you pick up the book “Visual Guide to Lock Picking” by Mark McCloud
Lockpick Replacement Policy:
Lockpicks are thin tools and meant to be used with care, but as we are all about learning here, we know mistakes can happen.
If you abuse them and manage to break one, send us a message and we can probably square you away for a reasonable cost.
Legal Terms Of Sale:
Before placing an order of this item, The Lockpicking Starter Set, it is the sole responsibility of the buyer and not of Tuff Possum Gear, its employees, or owners to ascertain and obey all applicable local, state and federal laws with regard to possession and use of any items ordered from Tuff Possum Gear. It is up to the buyer to consult their local and state laws if you are in doubt.
By placing an order the buyer represents that he or she is of the minimum age of 18 years old and that these products are to be used in a legal and lawful manner. The buyer, by placing an order, asserts to be a bona fide member of the locksmithing industry, amateur locksport participant, or other qualified purchaser.
Tuff Possum Gear assumes no liability associated with product possession or usage. Furthermore, the buyer alone is liable and responsible for any loss, damage or expense of any kind arising from the use and/or misuse of any item sold herein.