Ragnar Bands are Delta2Alpha Design’s take on “Ranger Bands”.
Ranger Bands were originally made from bicycle inner tubes cut to make rings. Due to the stiffness of the rubber of the inner tube and the small size the applications were somewhat limited, and they could be a bit difficult to use In some of the applications.
The Ragnar Bands aren’t a rebranded off-the-shelf product, but rather custom made to specifications, from the same high grade material as D2A’s Resistance Bands. These are both longer lasting than the standard EDPM style on the market and far stretchier than the old school slice of bicycle innertube.
- Hold gear together.
- Hold tools to your belt. (See Photo Gallery for demo with Glock 43x magazines)
- Wrangle dangly straps.
- Weapon or flashlight retention Libre style (see photo gallery)
- Strengthening the extensors of the hand
- Keeping tins (Altoids tin kits, food stuffs, etc) closed in your pack.
- Quick and dirty extra grippiness on slippery knife handles (Mora knives, field procured kitchen knives, etc. See Photo Gallery)
- Last ditch flame extender for firestarting. In our testing we hit a 1.5 minute burn, unmodified in breeze and a 5.5 minute burn when cut in half to make a strip, in no wind. Both tests done at 30 degrees F. See Photo Gallery.
10cm or ~4″ long (folded)
20cm or ~8″ Stretch length @~5lbs
1cm or ~3/8″ wide
Sold in Packs of 10.
Designed in Canada and Manufactured Overseas